Help with diagnosis

LBUK

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hello all.
I am unsure if this is anything to worry about or if its just a mark from the fish hitting itself on decor etc.

I havent noticed this before and look daily and it appeared between the time where I had to empty the decor out of the tank and remove some add some and in general I rescaped the whole tank and during which the fish were obviously quite stressed and trying to escape my hands etc.

I am unsure if its something sinister like HITH or if he has banged himself.

Fish1.jpg Fish2.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks to be a scrape maybe from the driftwood. Just watch and make sure the water is clean.

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Looks like the perfect spot for a scrape abrasion, and I believe that's exactly what you got.
Don't be alarmed if a little fungus attaches itself to the wound. Clean water is the best cure. It should heal up pretty quick.

LBUK

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2018
Looks to be a scrape maybe from the driftwood. Just watch and make sure the water is clean.
Looks like the perfect spot for a scrape abrasion, and I believe that's exactly what you got.
Don't be alarmed if a little fungus attaches itself to the wound. Clean water is the best cure. It should heal up pretty quick.
Awesome thanks for the replies guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store