staten island new york
im gunna use my frist w/d soon
probally gunna use them in all my tanks but my gator tank and my 30G

wolf-attack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
RICHLANDS NC
with oscars any filter would do fine but get a good gravell cleaner because they are messy eaters and they do have some big turds that will seep down in the gravel.

I3u11he4d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Michigan
The TRUST said:
Fluvals Suck ass!!!!!
i have 2 of them and have never had a problem(fluval 4o4 and 303)would recommend to anyone :grinyes:

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
amindbesideitself said:
Ok, for a 55 gallon tank, what do you guys believe is a strong enough canister filter (for an oscar..lot's o waste) that's not too expensive but still decent quality...website links would be helpful :grinyes: Thanks for any help given. Oh, and should I get a skimmer?...i'm a newbie at big tank filtratration :p
Heres a deal for you a penn-plax cascade 1000 i think there good filters reasonable price good quality filtration check out the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cascade-1000-Fi...ryZ46310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Get 2 AquaClear 110's. In one of them use double the amount of BioMax ceramic media, and use carbon in the other if you prefer. Get a powerhead and have it near the bottom of the tank, sweeping across the substrate.. This will help to keep particles suspended and have them be picked up by the filters.

Always gravel vacuum very well with these poop-monsters.

If you have a good petsmart, they will pricematch off their own website for like $40/ea.. Which is cheaper then canister filters that will easily get clogged with the Oscars waste load.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store