Help with future plans

Tana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
San Clemente, CA
Hi,

I am in need of some advice on upgrading to meet my fish and future fish comfort needs. I currently have a Flagtail, Bala Shark, Silver Dollar, Dinosaur Bichir, Black Ghost Knife, and African Brown Knife. As of now they are all really small and they are in a 40 gallon tank. I was just curious what you guys would suggest would be a good size tank so that they can live comfortably. I was also wondering if you could suggest fish that bring color to the tank and that would go well with the fish I currently have. Thanks for the help. Ideas on the cheapest way to upgrade are also appreciated.

Aquariumjunkie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
Monroe, Wa
you could get a 55 or 75. the bichir can grow pretty big, and live upwards of 15 years. the bala shark gets big (12"+). as for color, if you got a 75G, you could get some smaller peaceful SA Cichlids. the blue acara, or something like that should be ok. and you can keep your eyes open for any one getting rid of tanks, or selling them. thats where i've gotten most of mine.

Tana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
San Clemente, CA
Ok cool. Yeah I have been looking around and it looks like buying a tank from someone rather then retail is the way to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store