Help with Jaguar Cichlid

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
Looking like a male managuense to me.
The array of spots, (ass opposed to larger blotches) especially on the jaw area, are my clues, although a male head profile, has yet to develop.
I was thinking that too. Looks a lot like my male

Zhen-Jou

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2019
Malaysia
Looking like a male managuense to me.
The array of spots, (ass opposed to larger blotches) especially on the jaw area, are my clues, although a male head profile, has yet to develop.
Exactly, the presence of spots on the lower jaw would have had me believe she was a male were it not for the fact that she had laid eggs 3 times the past 10 months. In fact, she's quite fat now with what I presume to be her next batch of eggs.

Unless, can jaguar cichlids change sex from female to male midway through their growth?

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hello Z Zhen-Jou ,
That's a very attractive Jaguar you have there. She is looking like she needs a boyfriend. Lol. Is the 125g her forever home? Is she living solo?

Zhen-Jou

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2019
Malaysia
Hello Z Zhen-Jou ,
That's a very attractive Jaguar you have there. She is looking like she needs a boyfriend. Lol. Is the 125g her forever home? Is she living solo?
Thank you Cich Mind Cich Mind . I don't intend on breeding jags ATM, too prolific and I don't even know what to do with the fry. Moreover I don't even have the space for a male haha

Yep, the 125 is her forever home, and her only tankmate is an 15 inch ornate bichir.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store