MFK Member
Jan 11, 2021
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
51-60%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello everyone,

I’m having some issues with my severum’s and was hoping to get some other perspectives on what may be going on.
I have 9 red spot gold severum about 5” each. All added at the same time, they are in a 675 gallon aquarium, 550 display volume with a 125 gallon sump with refugium. Their fellow tank mates are a motoro stingray, larger Arowana and a angelfish.
The severums keep losing eyes, just one though. Never both. The one eye rotted out it looks like, today one of them was just at the surface barely moving with fins all torn and cloudy eyes. I’ve been adding salt to the water to help. The only things having issues are the severums, the arowanna and angelfish are perfect. I feed once a day a mixture of 4 different hikari Cichlid gold+, hikari Cichlid and Cichlid bio gold then a floating New life spectrum pellet. We also blanch cucumbers and feed to them 2 times a week and give them frozen blood worms once a week also.

The parameters
Nitrates - 10-20
Nitrites - 0
Ammonia - 0
ph - 7.5

temp 81
Water changes are once a week, every other week I do a large over 50% and the weeks in between I do about 125 gallons

I’m curious if this is mainly aggression or if it’s bacterial and if it is what can be used safely to treat them with the stingray? I did get some CZ Aqua Bac Medicine which is supposedly safe to be used with rays?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store