help with tire track eel

budangel8

Feeder Fish
Dec 3, 2008
Arlington Texas
Hello, I’m hoping you can help me by providing a little advice.

I've had my tire track eel for almost a year. I noticed last Wednesday that he has labored breathing and is just going up to the top of the tank with his body just hanging down. He has some white spots on him and his tail looks like it has some sort of infection. I’ve attached a photo. I checked water and ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are all within the normal ranges. He usually comes out at night and swims around and spends the day hiding in his log. I feel so bad and am concerned I'm going to lose him. Not sure what to do. I’ve done a water change and have started treating the tank with Melafix for the past 5 days. However, his tail seems to have gotten worse and the red sore spot has moved up some on his tail. I have noticed that his breathing is better and he is swimming around more.

I have him in a 75 gal tank along with a Cory cat fish, beta shark, angel fish and knife fish. These have all been in the tank for the past year with no problems at all. I do a water change every 3 weeks and feel them frozen blood worms which my eel used to love. He has not ‘visibly’ eaten in 5 days. I give him the worms and he turns his head and refuses to eat.

I’m not sure at this point what to do for him any advice or guidance you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Marina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store