youtu.be
Tank size?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Fishman Dave Fishman Dave

From what ive heard, these fish can be terrors. Even in a large tank. I would guess the list of functioning tankmates for a full grown wyckii in a 300 would be short...

BekimG9595

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2019
Got it thanks for the replies. Was hoping I didn’t have to give up the whole tank just for him lol

• Wow
Reactions: dr exum

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Haha, great question. In my experience nothing in the confines of a tank. Mine grew up alone though when really young (up to 6" ) and may have been different if she had company. After 6" she would not accept tank mates in a 6x2x2 and saw the whole thing as hers, tearing pieces off any tank mates, including plecs. In the pond however she is different again and lives with fish as small as 8" bala shark or 10" pims and she is over 2 ft.
As for decor, by all means try, but mine just pushed all the gravel through the pump intake whilst moving it daily from one end of the tank to the other until I removed it all.
if you have the opportunity to segregate or move on tank mates you could try something like A giant gourami which is bigger than your wykii when put together, noting that fish personalities differ just like people. Try to decorate the tank in 2 halves so the wykii can "own" one half only if they want to and it may work till they get used to each other enough not to be a constant concern.
Problem is they can tear a fish to pieces overnight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store