Hemichromis exsul

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Congrats! That's awesome. First Batch?
Yes, this was the first batch. I removed this one and then promptly got two more batches; one from a second pair, followed a few days later by the original pair. Unfortunately I didn’t remove either of those spawns because I just don’t have enough space right now. I had four other spawns of stuff I was raising out.

Reactions: deeda and tlindsey

Warden2021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2021
The Lake Turkana jewel cichlid, from the Kenyan Rift Valley. These are just starting to trickle into North America. I was lucky enough to grab a small group that was bred in Germany. It looks like a female is finally accepting a male. Hopefully they continue to color up; they're not quite as bright red as the ones I've seen online. They've only been here for about 10 days and are still in QT so maybe they just need to settle in more.

Them are nice fish...good luck

Warden2021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2021
The Lake Turkana jewel cichlid, from the Kenyan Rift Valley. These are just starting to trickle into North America. I was lucky enough to grab a small group that was bred in Germany. It looks like a female is finally accepting a male. Hopefully they continue to color up; they're not quite as bright red as the ones I've seen online. They've only been here for about 10 days and are still in QT so maybe they just need to settle in more.

Nice jewels....wish you luck with them.
I'm hoping ill be able to figure out what's going on with mine....I have 9 of them...I thing 4 male and 5 female...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store