Here are my 3 clowns

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Welcome to the forum!

They’ll grow slowly, but keep them on the warmer end (78-82) and they’ll be a bit happier. Watch for temperature swings. They’re one of the first fish to show ich and some medications aren’t safe for clowns due to being a “scaleless fish”. Their mouths are very small so don’t feed pellets too large. I feed mine cichlid gold mini pellets and mystery snails that I’ve bred. They also take what ever shrimp gets left behind by the other fish and some of the veggies my plecos leave during the day. You can also feed brine shrimp, other types of snails, algae wafers, black worms, or blood worms.
You definitely want to upgrade though like you said. They’ll grow a bit faster in a larger tank too. You’ll have a bit more time before you have to upgrade once you get the 75 you mentioned, but sooner is better with your current stock.

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
When you upgrade make sure the 75 is fully cycled before you transfer the fish over. Clown loaches are very sensitive to ammonia and you wouldn’t want to lose your babies. They might do well with 2-3 more friends to school with too. Cool group though! Clowns are always awesome tank mates unless your fish want to eat them lol

Drumm22

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2020
When you upgrade make sure the 75 is fully cycled before you transfer the fish over. Clown loaches are very sensitive to ammonia and you wouldn’t want to lose your babies. They might do well with 2-3 more friends to school with too. Cool group though! Clowns are always awesome tank mates unless your fish want to eat them lol
Can i add different loaches?

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
If you have the space / nitrate room...

welcome!

mine get fat off of massivore ?

Reactions: Rob909 and BigShawn

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Can i add different loaches?
As twentyleagues twentyleagues stated above, I’d wait until you upgrade passed the 75 gallon.

But once you’re there, yes, from what I’ve observed, clowns are social enough to get along with different loaches. It’s going to be hit or miss if they all school together, that will come down to individual fish.
I’d stay away from blue botia and skunk loaches in your school though. They tend to be bullies.
For example:

Matteus Matteus and I kept blue botias with ornate bichirs and for the most part, they held their own.

Reactions: Matteus

BigShawn

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
Ohio
You have plenty off space as long as your filtration is adequate to add more, but as others have said different loach species can be tricky but i believe the tank will be ok for awhile...

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
If you have the space / nitrate room...

welcome!

mine get fat off of massivore ?
With this being said,
They do make pretty cool Audible little clicks when they’re taking bites of larger pieces of food.

And don’t be alarmed when you see them laying on their sides or upside down. As soon as you walk close enough, or reach into the tank to pull the “dead fish” out, it will wake up and dart away!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store