Heterochromis multidens

BC88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2006
IL
Anyone breeding these or seen any recent imports? I haven't seen any available for some time.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
ciclasoman ciclasoman had them. He’s in Texas, I think. I don’t know if he’s still breeding them or not but he had a group of large adults.

I saw some on a stock list within the last year but I can’t remember if it was a US seller or Oliver Lucanus in Canada.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
ciclasoman ciclasoman had them. He’s in Texas, I think. I don’t know if he’s still breeding them or not but he had a group of large adults.

I saw some on a stock list within the last year but I can’t remember if it was a US seller or Oliver Lucanus in Canada.
I've seen cichlasoman's (Jose's) photos, some were almost 30" long and spawning.
He sometimes ships thru Daves Rare Fish.
They may be seasonal spawners, so only available at certain times of the year.
Heterochromis multidens- dominant male

BC88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2006
IL
Yeah I'll have to follow up with Jose and see since the last time I had checked with him was back in 2021.

Oliver had a single fish last time I saw his list, but that's the only one I've seen it seems like in the last year or two. Sure Covid didn't help with their availability.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I was just on the Wet Spot site, and they have a fish listed as Hemichromis multidens, but there is not a multidens in the genus Hemichromis.
It might be that someone mistook the genus Heterchromis, as Hemichromis,

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton

I am sure Oliver had these but not in a while. I've known him for years and he is usually the guy I turn to for the unusual or rare fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store