Hi-Fin sharks

Raiders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
@ home
I have a couple of Hi-fin sharks in my pond....would the cold weather kill them...are they tropical?

I think I should take them inside?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
if youre talking about Paroon Sharks (Pangasius sanitwongsei), they are definitely tropical as they are found in southeast asia.

mr.dark-saint

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2005
Marina, CA
If you're talking about Myxocyprinus Asiaticus they'll do fine in ponds but they may not do well if moved. I had three doing great feeding off the algae but I moved them to a larger pond they kicked the bucket. Back in the day I had a wholesaler who had good size M. Asiaticus (10" - 12" fish) moved them from one green house to the next. By the time he reached to the new greenhouse they were dying. I don't know if they're "real" sensitive or just had a heart attack. Just make sure they'll be in one pond for the duration.

Raiders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
@ home
I'm talking about the hi-fin that eats the algae in the ponds......thanks for the feedback....

think, i'll just keep them in there.......they are too fast to catch anyways...

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
I think he is talking about Myxocyprinus Asiaticus .. they are the fish on the qian hu logo and will do fine in cold weather.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
This one?

is.jpg

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
Guppy, I believe that is the fish in question. If that is the case, that is a temperate water species which should have no trouble surviving the winter in So. Cal. The only thing you should have to watch out for is that you don't overfeed them as the water temp drops.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store