Hi from India!

samsondhi

Gambusia
Sep 3, 2013
New Delhi, India
I have been angling snakeheads here in India for several years and have came across over 6 varieties in the wild. Their preditorial behaviour, strength, cunning and being on top of the food chain facinates me.

Right now, I have 2 4-5 inches Channa Pleurophthalma in a 85gallon tank and 5 small Channa Striata about 1.1/2 inch caught from the wild in another small tank.

Hope to find good information on their upkeep here and give my take on snakeheads in the wild.

Cheers!

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
welcome to mfk.. nice to meet you and would love for you to share those varietys of snakeheads..

samsondhi

Gambusia
Sep 3, 2013
New Delhi, India
Seem to have missed replying. Thank you for your welcome. I live North India and angle for Channa Maurilius and Channa Striata as well keep dwarf snake heads in my Aquarium. I recently added True Blue Snakeheads. Here is an image of my True Blue 20191107_095453.jpgattached.

Reactions: islandguy11

samsondhi

Gambusia
Sep 3, 2013
New Delhi, India
Yeah I guess you did, just 6 years though ;) but better later than never as they say :) -- and welcome back, those are certainly some cool looking SH's.
Thank you. I feel fortunate being in close proximity to so many exotic SH here. As I said earlier I also catch the big guys on scum frog. I hope that won't offend anyone. If not, I can show some of my catches...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store