Hi MFK world, is there anyone out there that can supply juvenile arowanas?

Sam Pinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
South East London
Hi MFK world,

I have recently upgraded my tank to a 200 Gallon custom tank , due to fish i currently have outgrowing my last tank. Now i have a bigger tank, i can finally fulfill my aquarium fish dream and get an arowana ! I wanted to know peoples thoughts on doing this and where to get one from? Open to suggestions on types etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!!

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Welcome!

1) there are many kinds of arowana

2) depending on local laws, some are legal, some are illegal to own or sell

3) depending on the dimensions of your tank, some arowana might be too large when full grown

4) depending on your plans, getting several of them at once might create problems unless you have a plan as some grow extremely quickly

I would suggest reading through these, then reading a few threads in this forum so you can get a better idea of what your plans are.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/an-introduction-to-arowanas-arapaimas.478189/

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/arowana-arapaima-species-profiles.478041/

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Sam Pinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
South East London
hi thank you for your response,

Without keeping them I feel I have enough knowledge of them as I have been researching them for some years now and am ready financially and have the right space to keep them in,

I am just curious on best places to get them from in the UK, I am most drawn towards a RTG, and get it in a juvenile state and watching it grow.

Many thanks for your response and I will make sure to read the links you posted.

Sam Pinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
South East London
Is there anyone who has heard of the seller L46 Pleco Fish Kings? I have been in contact with them for some time and say they are based in Cameroon.... with lots of Arowanas to send along with Black Diamond Rays etc, all sounds too good to be true...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store