Home fire, 600 gallon acrylic tank melted

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Hey Chaidan, Happy New Year! That's a bummer you lost some fish, even though you quarantined. I quarantined a group of clown loaches for 5 weeks and the day after I put them in the big tank, boom, ich spots all over the place. Super frustrating. But the tank is looking awesome! Can't believe you're going Reef on such a large setup. Thanks for the update!

On a side note, have you considered going solar? With all those pumps & lights (pool, pond & tanks) I bet you're over 3,000KwHrs every month, so the system may pay for itself pretty quickly.

If I were you I'd never want to leave that house...I think all that's missing is maybe a little roller-coaster- lol.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Thanks for the updates.. I remember when you first posted this thread. Glad you were able to start over.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Wow. I've just read the entire thread and just, wow... I'm so sorry for everything you've been through, but may I also add that you have the most beautiful house. Your tank and pond are gorgeous, I'd love to drink my morning coffees by that pond, it's amazing! Congratulations (if that's the right word?) on your strength to pull through and create (if that's the right word?) such an amazing outcome from such a terrible situation.

Also, if these guys moved that baby with sheer man power, they didn't get paid enough. :p
Note the guy below the aquarium, he looks tired from moving that beast in place :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store