Home stereo questions

water.life

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi, I want to remove my am/fm/ surround sound amp. It just to big and basically I only use 1 of the features.
Want would you guy recommend as a replacement?
I am looking for smaller, simpler unit to power up my surround Bose cube speakers(5 speakers with 1 non powered bass).from my tv. I do not want fancy or tons of useless options like am/fm and 12 different hall, stadium, sound effets.
Give me some options
THAnks all!!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
power up my surround Bose cube speakers(5 speakers with 1 non powered bass).from my tv.
Hello; Not sure what you want exists. At least I have not come across such.

If you wanted basic stereo which is only two speakers there may still be such around. However you are looking for a audio receiver which can run multiple speakers, not basic stereo.

Try crutchfield or parts express. These would be my first place to look. Parts express is an outfit in Ohio which caries parts for building audio systems. You can get individual small parts to build speakers and such. I have used their stuff to rebuild some floor speakers. They may have an amp to do what you want.
Let me say that if you are trying to save money this likely is not the way to go. My guess is you can get a 5+ 1 channel receiver for less money and just not use the radio. The 5+1 surround was the standard several years back so remaining receivers of that sort may be fairly cheap now.

I use a Harmon Kardon receiver for my music and TV movies. The processor has a setting for seven channel stereo and two channel stereo which simply do not sound as good as some of the other settings. I generally use the DTS neo 6 music for playing CD's and the DTS Neo 6 cinema setting for movies. Both are much better than the basic stereo settings.

Good luck

Reactions: tlindsey

water.life

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2016
Thanks, I dont know what im looking for exist either.. I just want to take the 10w tv speakers and make 100w to my surround system

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store