hoplias curupira question

BlinkyThaKilla

Feeder Fish
Sep 26, 2019
I bought a 9” hoplias curupira a week ago and have a question. Is there anyway to encourage him to swim more? Right now he just chills under an over hang of driftwood all day until night. He’s the only fish in the tank.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I bought a 9” hoplias curupira a week ago and have a question. Is there anyway to encourage him to swim more? Right now he just chills under an over hang of driftwood all day until night. He’s the only fish in the tank.
Not much. That’s what most Hoplias do and is a normal behavior. Can try reducing daily feedings to every other day and see if that encourages swimming.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Most curupira I have experienced are in fact very active. My guy is rarely sitting still and is always out and about begging for food. That said My guy was very shy at first though. Give him some time.

Reactions: tlindsey

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Establish regular feeding times, and the wolf will beg for those pellets like a puppy!

Reactions: tlindsey

BlinkyThaKilla

Feeder Fish
Sep 26, 2019
He’s still hiding under the same driftwood but when I approach the tank he starts to come out some for food. So we are making some progress!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store