Hopolo catfish

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
I do not know the answer to your question, but I wanted to say, that's a very nice looking cat!
I can cast net them all the live long day, here. I went ahead and put him in. No quarantine, everything in my tank was wild caught in the same environment. I know, not a good idea. These guys gulp air at the surface and absorb thru the intestine, or use their gills.

adr_93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
coral springs, florida
I used to have two in the same tank and they are very active and unique looking catfish. their body armor is pretty thick to where larger fish won’t be able to eat them unless theyre turned upside down. Their barbels can also get longer than their body which was cool but that was only on a 280gal, they became shorter once they went into a smaller tank.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
They eat anything, grow from about 8 to 12 inches in length.
Obviously he will need an upgrade soon.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
I used to have two in the same tank and they are very active and unique looking catfish. their body armor is pretty thick to where larger fish won’t be able to eat them unless theyre turned upside down. Their barbels can also get longer than their body which was cool but that was only on a 280gal, they became shorter once they went into a smaller tank.
So far he has not done much but turn around a bit. Maybe he is still getting his bearings?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store