How do you buy them ?

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I figure out what fish I want and then go on a relentless hunt until I find one.

And on occasion, I'll do some window shopping (go find the coolest thing I can find and buy it- if I know at least a little about its care)

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
I'm always aware of the next fish I want but usually wind up with something else due to what's available. The substitutes that I wind up with are just as satisfying though.

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Well, being a girl, I impulse buy, but only if it is something that catches my eye. I also ask a knowledgeable person before I buy it too. I like to reasearch the fish I buy, I need to know all the specifics on it. I actually have a little book with all of the fish I have ever bought and kept with all of their specifics! Like my own fish index!

Jen ;)

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Well, being a girl, I impulse buy, but only if it is something that catches my eye. I also ask a knowledgeable person before I buy it too. I like to reasearch the fish I buy, I need to know all the specifics on it. I actually have a little book with all of the fish I have ever bought and kept with all of their specifics! Like my own fish index!

Jen ;)

Thats a good tip. Pretty smart!

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Luckily I have a pretty good idea about most the fish that catch my eye

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
I actually have a little book with all of the fish I have ever bought and kept with all of their specifics! Like my own fish index!Jen ;)
Funny, I used to have a fish book with specifics in it too. Nowadays I only write the purchase date and size on my wall calender and update with each new calender. In a sense, it's like having psuedo birthdays for each fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store