How do you keep your nets?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
About once a week anywhere from 1/10 to a gallon of water ends up on my carpet :/.
As long as your parents don't know! I'm developing a better water change system using a barrel to minimalise carpet water. Towels are also super helpful as a preventative measure.

Reactions: islandguy11

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
My net station on the side of my homemade two tier 75 gallon stand.
View attachment 1353428
....and across the room is my wall unit mounted above one of my tanks.
View attachment 1353429
That's just weird krich. Having so many nets isn't healthy. I suspect you may have been deprived of something as a child and now it's manifesting itself in adulthood as a net fetish!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's just weird krich. Having so many nets isn't healthy. I suspect you may have been deprived of something as a child and now it's manifesting itself in adulthood as a net fetish!!
Most of them are quite old and I have a few torn and holy nets that were camera shy.....can't have too many nets lol!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Most of them are quite old and I have a few torn and holy nets that were camera shy.....can't have too many nets lol!
Have you considered collecting butterflies as a second hobby, you're pretty well kitted out!!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Mine hang oh tacks under the stand. I had them on the front, but kept knocking them off, so moved to the back and good to go now.
20190110_131321.jpg 20190110_131259.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Have you considered collecting butterflies as a second hobby, you're pretty well kitted out!!
Eh no but I do actually have a cheap butterfly net that I use when the application calls for it.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I have designated 40ltr buckets for each tank, blue for one, black for another, green for another. Purple for QT/hospital. The buckets work a double job as equipment holders but also used for cleaning filters.

In each bucket is an attachment for the draining hose (specified to the substrate in the corresponding tank), a short hose for filling the bucket, nets ranging in size suitable for the fish in the tank and a snaplock bag with a note book (same colour as the buckets) for logging test results in.

This means that my nets and draining hoses don't move from one tank to another lowering the chances of contamination between tanks. It also means everything is in one spot so if something goes wrong, its all there.
Next time I'm at my ex's I'll take a pic of one of the buckets to share - if I remember, I have a mind like a colander..

I also have a large container with random PVC pipe and filter nick nacks in it, spare heaters, air pumps, bio media, etc. Handy to have lying around. :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I just throw my nets on the floor of my fish room!

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart
Very funny.

I have designated 40ltr buckets for each tank, blue for one, black for another, green for another. Purple for QT/hospital. The buckets work a double job as equipment holders but also used for cleaning filters.

In each bucket is an attachment for the draining hose (specified to the substrate in the corresponding tank), a short hose for filling the bucket, nets ranging in size suitable for the fish in the tank and a snaplock bag with a note book (same colour as the buckets) for logging test results in.

This means that my nets and draining hoses don't move from one tank to another lowering the chances of contamination between tanks. It also means everything is in one spot so if something goes wrong, its all there.
Next time I'm at my ex's I'll take a pic of one of the buckets to share - if I remember, I have a mind like a colander..

I also have a large container with random PVC pipe and filter nick nacks in it, spare heaters, air pumps, bio media, etc. Handy to have lying around. :)
This sounds very well organised!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store