how do you make parrots and flowerhorns?

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
i seen that parrots and flowerhorns are hybrids. I am not interested in making one myself I would rather have a healthy normal fish. I was just wondering which fish are used to cross breed and produce parrots and flowerhorns?

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
i reckon parrots are a red devil and a severum. imo should never had happened!!

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
Your gonna get a varied anwser, because there are several types of each. Athough the reatarded low quality parrots are thought to be made from sevs and rd, the good types like the king kong and red mammon. I am pretty sure the theory of the kk parentage is high quality sev and midas cichlid. FH are even more varied in combos and types.

Jason

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2005
Seems to be if you name it they'll cross breed it. Seems to me to be a way to get a lot of feeders onto the market. I've seen some that i thought were very pretty but i'm never going to be a fan of muddling the gene pool of a species so i had to pass on them.

though i suspect two of my so called "pink convicts" are the crappiest of the crap left overs from a cross bred experiment. They breed fertile babies but are all crooked and mess up like some abused parrot cichlid. I keep them around because they have good color, great personality and they keep the damn jag in line even though he's three times there size :).

Jason

I've often wondered about some of the crosses i've seen, they have a lot of potential for nice looking show fish, but i still cant bring myself to raising them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store