HOW LONG DOES NTT TIGER LIVE WITHOUT FOOD?

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
I gave him few different kind of pellets, one of them my other indo tiger would eat. besides the pellet, I tried superworm (food for my HBA), bloodworm, and even small feeder.
Yeah, pellets are the toughest. I still can't get mine to eat pellets even though the ray eats pellets and I still offer it everyday. Mine would not eat bloodworms. I'm ok with them eating frozen shrimp and smelts for now.

Reactions: Matteus

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
he stayed in the bottom, and I sometimes see he did look up but never come to the top. so he just don't touch the food. shape is still ok. But I don't know how long it can last.
That's a good sign. It wants food, just not what you've offered...it's a competition between you two on who will break first. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Actually I tried a brine shrimp.before and it made my tank a mess. at that time, none of my fishes like to eat. So I need to clean up my tank and filter..

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
Actually I tried a brine shrimp.before and it made my tank a mess. at that time, none of my fishes like to eat. So I need to clean up my tank and filter..
Try a small portion first or you can turn off your filter for a while. I think stuff that is suspended/floating around kindda triggers their predatory instinct.

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Try a small portion first or you can turn off your filter for a while. I think stuff that is suspended/floating around kindda triggers their predatory instinct.
thanks !! for sure I will do. First time I used it, I think I put too much.. my full tank was a mess.. so I will put a small portion to try

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Sounds like your dat is still a bit traumatized from the move and it's new environment. Try to provide plenty of covers/hiding spaces, and either keep the tank's light off or filter it, to substantially lower the brightness. Once it acclimates, then set up the tank as it was.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Some times when you are feeding brine shrimp you need to discern if you should thaw it so there are many tiny particles or just throw a small chunk of still frozen. Sometimes the tiny particles don’t speak to some fish if they are too big. When I trained my pbass to eat pellets I had to crush pellets, and mix that in with the brine shrimp because they wouldn’t eat anything more than brine shrimp or live. When I did this I refroze the mixture and would drop numerous bite sized chunks in that they would hit really fast. i
thanks !! for sure I will do. First time I used it, I think I put too much.. my full tank was a mess.. so I will put a small portion to try

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store