How many Koi can i put in my tank ?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I can't tell if this person's just a troll or plain uninformed or what but every bit of this seems wrong
I wouldn't put koi in a tank long term, and I definitely wouldn't put them with discus, just based on parameter needs and temperature
They discus are going to need water temps in the 80's, while the koi are (as mentioned before) going to need cooler water.
If you are keeping the koi in warmer water, you're going to need to feed them a lot more, in turn producing alot more waste, which is gonna produce a whole other set of problems if your filtration isn't adequate for the tank

AquaDERP

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Definitely not a koi a serious koi keeper would pick. It was such a shame, she was so cute as a 3” baby.

Yours doesn’t looked deformed to me. The belly isn’t crazy bad and the back doesn’t look bent at all from what I can tell.
The scales do look a bit rough though. If the discus are eating the slim coat off the koi that’s not good for the koi. Their slim coat is their outer form of defense against parasites and bacteria.
So it's not the koi who harmed discus but it's discus keeping the koi scales in bad health.

I was only keeping eyes on discus didn't notice the koi as they acted like they're fine.

Thx for the Koi information. As I mentioned I've never been in to Koi(just use them to reduce Arowana damage).

But as I will never abandon my pet, I'm fixing my old mushroom's hut to a big big Koi pond with a small glass window so they won't spooked much outside.(as soon as those aros stop fighting)

Last edited:

AquaDERP

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019

This is the other one that does not spend much time with discus.

I don't know why his back scales getting darker, Aro's tanning light?

3 inches in a month is the reason for the pond maybe..

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Koi change colors as they grow. That's why breeders will put them in mud ponds, so that in feeding on whatever natural foods are in said ponds, the koi will grow more and their diets will help enhance their developing colors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store