How many of our cats have gone swimming? In our aquariums...

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I just got my 55 set up a few days ago. It wasn't up 24 hours before my cat Lucy fell in. Probably won't be the last time either, knowing that little terror. She thinks the aquarium is her property.

Anyone else had this problem?

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Falling into the bathtub is one thing, there is a floor. In the tank, there isn't. My Lucy fell in up to her neck. That'll teach her to stay off the tank. It is funny when they fall in. End up with a very wet pissed off cat. I got a look that could kill, like it was my fault somehow.

Reactions: eddiegunks

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think an actual cat would swim more than my syno cat lol. Shy thing.

I've seen enough videos to know it's hilarious, I've had a yorkie fall in the pool :D

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
My cats have never swam in the tank...really, they couldn't with the tank lids in place. However, they are both excellent swimmers.

Little girl doesn't like the board, so she steps off the board to swim back to the boat.

Their predecessor was also an excellent swimmer.

I suspect that most cats are good swimmers.

Reactions: Hendre

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Just don't try that in Florida! They might end up as a gator snack... Would hate to see someone lose their furbabies that way.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
My cats have never swam in the tank...really, they couldn't with the tank lids in place. However, they are both excellent swimmers.

Little girl doesn't like the board, so she steps off the board to swim back to the boat.

Their predecessor was also an excellent swimmer.

I suspect that most cats are good swimmers.
Where is that by the way, nice scenery in background.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Silver persians. I can't say that they like the water. We let them swim to cool them off when it is 100+ degrees. Shasta Lake doesn't have gators...just bald eagles and an occasional black bear swimming or walking along the shore.

If they go wake boarding or wake surfing, they do wear life vests. Checking out Mom's new board.

Checking herself out in her new life vest.

We're so ready for summer

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The cat looks mortification in the last pic! I love Persians, both me and my other half want exotic shorthairs someday :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store