How many of our cats have gone swimming? In our aquariums...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just don't try that in Florida! They might end up as a gator snack... Would hate to see someone lose their furbabies that way.
Lol,my cat has never fallen into any of my tanks,I guess the lids have something to do with that.He does seem to like the flavor of the tsnk water as he has been observed on several occasions dipping his paw into the water through the opening in the rear and licking his paw.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Silver persians. I can't say that they like the water. We let them swim to cool them off when it is 100+ degrees. Shasta Lake doesn't have gators...just bald eagles and an occasional black bear swimming or walking along the shore.

If they go wake boarding or wake surfing, they do wear life vests. Checking out Mom's new board.

Checking herself out in her new life vest.

We're so ready for summer
Beautiful cats, love the photos.

Reactions: J. H.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Silver persians. I can't say that they like the water. We let them swim to cool them off when it is 100+ degrees. Shasta Lake doesn't have gators...just bald eagles and an occasional black bear swimming or walking along the shore.

If they go wake boarding or wake surfing, they do wear life vests. Checking out Mom's new board.

Checking herself out in her new life vest.

We're so ready for summer
Beautiful cats, love the photos.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Lol,my cat has never fallen into any of my tanks,I guess the lids have something to do with that.He does seem to like the flavor of the tsnk water as he has been observed on several occasions dipping his paw into the water through the opening in the rear and licking his paw.
My girls do that, too. That's how Lucy fell in. She also liked to drink from the filter. Not anymore...

Lucy as a baby and my Shadow. Shadow was a "big sister", whether she wanted to be or not.IMGP3196 (2).JPG

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
WOW Pmom, those cats are awesome!! My cat owns all my tanks no doubt.. especially during water changes... loves to watch from the top.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Shadow is fascinated by the tank. She tries to catch the cory cats through the glass. Lucy won't go near the tank since she fell in. Shadow has taken her place at guarding the tank now. SAM_0002.JPG

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I had a jag/dovii hybrid who I thought was surely going to get a bite of cat tail. He was 14 inches long. The cats I had then were drinking from the filter and dangling their tails in the water.
My cats are afraid of our fish--smart cats. The fish are bigger than the cats.
That's the kind of fish I'd like to keep someday. Sounds like your cats are smarter than mine!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store