How much is new guinea datnoid around 8inches cost?

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
Depends what region you're buying it. 8", I would guess around $300+. I've seen a couple around 3-4" in the last year or so in Northern CA for about $100 and in the past around 8 years ago I bought one around 8" for $70, granted it was totally blind and one eye was completely flat and healed over and back then the normal asking price would have easily been $2-300 and what with the rising prices of NTT and even IT to some extent I would be ready to walk out with a much lighter wallet.

In my mind NGT inch for inch are really the most valuable datnoids these days with the obvious exception of ST.

That said if the price seems worth it to you it's not often you have a chance to get an NGT that size.

Mr.Datnoid

Feeder Fish
Jul 26, 2018
Depends what region you're buying it. 8", I would guess around $300+. I've seen a couple around 3-4" in the last year or so in Northern CA for about $100 and in the past around 8 years ago I bought one around 8" for $70, granted it was totally blind and one eye was completely flat and healed over and back then the normal asking price would have easily been $2-300 and what with the rising prices of NTT and even IT to some extent I would be ready to walk out with a much lighter wallet.

In my mind NGT inch for inch are really the most valuable datnoids these days with the obvious exception of ST.

That said if the price seems worth it to you it's not often you have a chance to get an NGT that size.
Thanks for the input. Just asking to make sure it a good trade because someone wanted to trade "8 NGT datnoid for my 18inch sliver arowana.

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
Thanks for the input. Just asking to make sure it a good trade because someone wanted to trade "8 NGT datnoid for my 18inch sliver arowana.
Just me personally, even acknowledging the connection to an arowana that large if you raised it from a little one, I would take that trade lol. Good luck either way man, both cool fish.

Reactions: Tobiassorensen
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store