How much

sharkman09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
new york
I been into the fish keeping hobie for about a year now, i had a break 4 a little while but now im back, anywayz i wanted to know how much a 30g tank would run for and what is the best equipment to use, any info would be great! :D :naughty: :thumbsup:

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Price will depend where you live, in Chicago they go for $60.00 approx depending where you go-Anne

Filters will depend on your budget.How much do you have to spend? high end would be a canister Eheim,Fluval etc lower end Aquaclears

Heaters I use titanium pro heat heaters, Never skimp on heater quality it will come back to bite you on the butt

ShadowVengance

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
your house
if you look in the right places, or hit yardsales, youll probably find a used 30g for under 20 bucks or maybe free, filter might come with it.

keep an eye out for the local classified in newspapers. welcome back to the hobby :D

tetracanthus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
Saskatoon, SK.
beblondie said:
Price will depend where you live, in Chicago they go for $60.00 approx depending where you go-Anne

Filters will depend on your budget.How much do you have to spend? high end would be a canister Eheim,Fluval etc lower end Aquaclears

Heaters I use titanium pro heat heaters, Never skimp on heater quality it will come back to bite you on the butt
Yeah' I know that one all to well. :cry:

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Starting new with good hang on back style filters figure a 29g standard tank with everything except fish and stand will run $150-$200. Used varies alot but watch the buy and sell forum here, I doubt they are still avaailable but Frontosas has listed a 29g with basic startup kit for $50 in Queens and Aznfish919 has a 75g with iron stand listed at $75 in Brooklyn

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
beblondie said:

Well put! i.e. you get what you pay for. Shelling out some extra dough for the "good stuff" has been a money and problem saver in the longrun for me too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store