How Often should i feed my gars?

rostratusgar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2010
Slovakia
Thank you for your reply. Have I got scared that I may GAR die. I felt the fact that it will feed according to need.

Kyle_91

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
Centreville,MD
Like everyone else stated, i just get small little tetras or guppies from my LFS and he eats according to however hungry he is... He'll eat beefheart and frozen krill sometimes as well.

rostratusgar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2010
Slovakia
Guppy I bought directly from the farmer. I bought a 1 / 4 the price of Guppy. They are crossbreeds, distorted.

Derrick Jayasinghe

Feeder Fish
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I am new to this Monster Fish Keeping, but I started off with buy a Alligator Gar :p .. I want to clarify something. I feed the Gar small chicken pieces, the thing is when it falls to the bottom of the tank it doesn't eat it. So now I tie it (Chicken) up to a piece of string and make it float so the fellow will eat.

Why does it do that ?? What do you guys recommend me to feed the fellow ??

Zak1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hey, does anybody know how to get my gar to eat prawns the thing has been stubborn its whole life and ive given into feeders but im starting to get the ****s with him hes sendimg me broke
Thanks for any help

pondbetweenwalls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2020
i have a 10" gator gar that i feed 6-8 tuffies 3x a week and he is doing verry well... tuffies are good to feed them with the aro in the tank because they tend to stay at the bottom of the tank...
Just curious, do you feed it 6-8 tuffies every feeding session? Or 6-8 tuffies total in the 3 feeding session? Thanks mate.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
Just curious, do you feed it 6-8 tuffies every feeding session? Or 6-8 tuffies total in the 3 feeding session? Thanks mate.
Hi, welcome to MFK. Just wanted to point out that you're asking someone that posted on this thread roughly 10 years ago. Doubtful you'll get a response back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store