How to beef up armatus

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Wondering if someone has any pointers. Fish is only on live food. Starved for a month in order to weaned him off to fish cut ups and shrimps but all failed. Recently back on live feed.

So even in live feed how many times a days etc

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If the fish is truly an armatus there is not much that you'll have to do in order to "beef it up" as they already have a rather brisk growth rate.You could feed it once or twice a day but dint give up on converting it off of live foods.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
If the fish is truly an armatus there is not much that you'll have to do in order to "beef it up" as they already have a rather brisk growth rate.You could feed it once or twice a day but dint give up on converting it off of live foods.
True Armatus. I can see that it got wider length wise but not thick so I was just wondering what can be done

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
True Armatus. I can see that it got wider length wise but not thick so I was just wondering what can be done
The armatus is the fastest growing fish species that I have ever had the pleasure of keeping,no matter what I fed them.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
The best way to beef them up is by feeding frequently. And it’s only practical if you train them to accept cut fish. Or dead fish. Have you tried whole silversides? If he’s still small then I suggest making a trip to your local Asian market to get some small frozen whole fish (I trained mine on frozen sand gobies, they were like 3-4”) and try feeding after starving the armie for a couple of days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store