HOW TO ELASTICATE YOUR POLE.

AKblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Northern Pike IIRC is the only species in AK that can be taken by a bow. It is also unlawfull to release a NP anywhere in AK.

I fly fish, so I dont think elesticating my rods would help much, unless Im missing something.

Knuckles1

Feeder Fish
Apr 8, 2008
USA
Hello everyone
Im new to the forums and thought I'd add to this topic.

Many of the gars taken in the states are not just left for dead after being taken. Guided gar fishing and bowfishing trips do not waste the meat. They collect and sell is beause it is considered a delicacy in many cultures. As for myself, I think gar tastes just as good as bass. The fillets are white meat that is not tough or oily, and there are numerous recipes out there. The hardest part is cleaning; but, sheet metal shears make this part easy. I would take a 10 lb gar to the table any day compared to 10 white bass. They taste equally great, and I would rather clean one fish rather than 10.

GetInMahBellay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Essex County, NJ
Lol here in America to tell if a carp is biting we sometimes put a bobber on some slack line in between the top two eyes of the pole so if a fish bites you can tell if the fish bites while keeping your bait at the bottom.

bassman440

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
who knows
ive never heard of that one.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
just read this whole thing, and am still clueless on the elasticating ??? anyone have a pic of one of these 10-12 meter poles? do they have a reel on them, or just tied line to the end like a bamboo pole when you were a kid...?

how could you cast a pole that long? or even use an artificial bait? or control the pole with a fish on the other end that far away???

Stoneboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2011
Cn
That sounds interesting though; it's worth trying to see what happens. At the end of the day, everyone still loves fishing.

inssane

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Chicago
I thought this was a different topic, sorry :D

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
:ROFL: this is a JOKE!
No way in hell would I do this to my st Croix rods and G loomis rods!!! NUTS!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store