How to get a gulper catfish and red wolffish coexist in a tank?

pokebird

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hello monsterfish keepers, I'm going to join the hobby and right now I'm planning to buy a 150-220g tank for my living room. The gulper catfish and red wolffish are my top dream fishes that are not super super huge(piraiba, wels, Alligator gar, paroon, arapaima level size). From what I read online it seems the two will have trouble existing with each other. If I provide enough space, places to hide and food, would it still not be possible? The budget I have now only allows me to have 1 tank, so putting them in separate tanks would not be an option for me. If things won't work out between the two no matter what, is it a good idea to install an thin transparent glass/plastic wall between the two and let each have 100+g of the tank?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Wouldn’t attempt to keep the two together. Would have to be separated. If u split the thank with a divider (make sure it’s tall as the red wolf will jump) then only possibility of it working out for ur dream fish.

pokebird

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2019
Wouldn’t attempt to keep the two together. Would have to be separated. If u split the thank with a divider (make sure it’s tall as the red wolf will jump) then only possibility of it working out for ur dream fish.
Thank you for your reply! Will a divider let the two fish feel safe in the environment? Will they able to behave naturally without stress or will they still be able to intimidate each other through the divider?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thank you for your reply! Will a divider let the two fish feel safe in the environment? Will they able to behave naturally without stress or will they still be able to intimidate each other through the divider?
They’ll eventually get used to it and do what they normally do. Wouldn’t worry about.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store