How to make my red dovii feel more comfortable?

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Yeah I guess you just have to let him get used to your presence then and take it one day at a time, but since it’s been a couple months and nothing has really changed then maybe he’s just a shy guy. Who knows though, he might start gaining attitude and confidence when he surpasses the 15 inch mark.
I’m sure it’s just a time thing , my last dovii only started to get active and not shy around 14 inches and I had him from 1 inch lol there honestly big babies I wish they had more the personality of a Jaguar cichlid

Reactions: Cichlids-r-beasts

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
I’m sure it’s just a time thing , my last dovii only started to get active and not shy around 14 inches and I had him from 1 inch lol there honestly big babies I wish they had more the personality of a Jaguar cichlid
Yeah from all the stuff I’ve seen, I think they’re more “fish aggressive” than “human aggressive” at these sizes. Once they start getting into the 14-18 inch range then their true glass banging personality comes out I guess. It doesn’t help that they get so large so it takes a while for them to mature and lose that shyness, as compared to a Jag or an Amph.

Reactions: anzo1993

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Yeah from all the stuff I’ve seen, I think they’re more “fish aggressive” than “human aggressive” at these sizes. Once they start getting into the 14-18 inch range then their true glass banging personality comes out I guess. It doesn’t help that they get so large so it takes a while for them to mature and lose that shyness, as compared to a Jag or an Amph.
Yeah exactly just cause they take longer to mature maybe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store