How to STOP FROGS COMING IN TO MY POND

Mayuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2010
Colombo
Thnks alot
am working with this salt thing.
and up to now it's effective, but the prob is frogs they come to pond in when it\'s raining .
so now am trying to find this plant ur teling. that will help me.
then salt + that smel :D

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Oscarum monstruoso;4727073; said:
How do the frogs hurt the fish?

I would give the frogs a better alternative nearby. Build a small muddy pond and make it frog friendly, in time they will all migrate there.
:headbang2

redtailcatfreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
Where the gators are
u could try getting some guppies. i live in florida and we have wild guppies that i catch but the ones from a pet store will work too. they keep all the mosqitoes and frogs out of the pond. they eat all the eggs and tadpoles. they used this technique in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. they put them in peoples pools that were abandoned to keep control of these pest populations.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
redtailcatfreak;4807528; said:
u could try getting some guppies. i live in florida and we have wild guppies that i catch but the ones from a pet store will work too. they keep all the mosqitoes and frogs out of the pond. they eat all the eggs and tadpoles. they used this technique in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. they put them in peoples pools that were abandoned to keep control of these pest populations.
seem like these frogs coming to the pond not just for laying eggs, they come to eat fish too ! so guppies won't be very effective !

The_Nuge

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2011
St. Paul Mn.
water movement will usually keep them from using the pond to breed. I got toads when my pump was down for a while. after i fixed the pump the toads and the tad poles were gone!

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
toads are poisonous to fish in case u didnt no. Billfrogs and such arent. Im guessing your geting a toad invasion during there breeding season.
sry no idea for controling them just guesing there toads

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
fence or wall:screwy:
Might as well make it an above ground pond.

How about a net and manually remove them.

I'm with the Nuge, more flow. I have frogs and toads visit, but not spawn. I also have a friend who doesnt like to run his pond all the time and he has mad tadpoles in the spring.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store