How to tell an arowana's age.

swervo513

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2010
Brooklyn Ny
Hi all

I was wondering if there is any way to date or give a specific age to an arowana without using its size as a determining factor. The reason I ask is because I believe my arowana is either stunted or an incredibly slow grower.

I bought a silver arowana at about 10" it is now no larger than 13". Ive had the aro for about 6 months in a 180 gallon. those numbers are just not right to me. I do weekly water changes, parameters are fine, and just started him on smaller krill again. I do not exactly mind the slow grower but would like to know what his deal is and how old it may be. It has characteristics of both a mature and young arowana. It is starting to develop that mean older facial look while still retaining all its green/red color. I do love this beast so I want to give it the utmost care [even though it snapped at my hand a few times scaring me half to death]. So, any comments are appreciated.

One thing I must add is that I have not fed him excessively in the past but now I am feeding him more and he is accepting more food such as pellets.

bjdeguzman

Feeder Fish
Jun 23, 2018
good day fishkeepers... i want to know the age and the gender of my silver aro... anyone can help me please... thank you in advance....

my silver aro now is a 7'...

IMG_20180621_153716.jpg IMG_20180621_153713.jpg

bjdeguzman

Feeder Fish
Jun 23, 2018
Estimate 4-5 months old. Raised a Silver Aro and it was about that size and time span.

yes sir... i love my aro/all my fish pet.... im a beginer arowana keeper... thats why i want to know all the things about my aro....

anyway can u tell me if it is a male or a female aro...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store