Hunchback albino bristlenose?

mmeeks101

Feeder Fish
Oct 24, 2021
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
11-20%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So I've had this little guy for about 2.5 years now and he's in a 40 gallon tank.
I've noticed his "hunch" has gotten worse the bigger he gets and i'm wondering if it could be cause for concern.
He seems to swim around fine and loves when I toss in a shrimp wafer, so his eating is good.. I did try adding a second, smaller ABP in there, but he went after it so fast! I immediately removed it from the tank.

I haven't tested my water in the last couple weeks. I usually bring in a sample to the local aquarium shop every 3 weeks or so.

20211024_092102.jpg

20211024_092050.jpg

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Most likely either bad genetics (like kno4te said) or it was injured when young and got its spine bent in the process. I wouldn't worry in your situation too much (since you said it was eating and swimming fine) unless you begin to suspect its quality of life is deteriorating.

Reactions: mmeeks101

mmeeks101

Feeder Fish
Oct 24, 2021
UPDATE**** Scuttle mated for the first time!!! He was doing an amazing job of caring for the eggs and now I've noticed the eggs are gone and I don't see any ABN fry anywhere?!?!? I took the female betta and gourami's out of the tank, i figured they would be the ones to eat them if given the chance...

So now it's just neon/ember tetra, a handful of mollies and the ABN pair. Could any of them have eaten the fry?? Just yesterday morning all 16 eggs were there and I wake up this morning to do feedings and check in, no eggs... no babies... unless they're hiding REALLY well...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store