Hush Hush...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Someone is building a large acrylic tank? :)

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Planning to build them all at the same time? I'd find more comfort doing one, water testing it and then working on the other if I didn't have a lot of experience with tanks this large. Nice stuff.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Planning to build them all at the same time? I'd find more comfort doing one, water testing it and then working on the other if I didn't have a lot of experience with tanks this large. Nice stuff.
Yes sir all at once. I’ve done enough acrylic fabrication to the point where I’m comfortable investing in 46 sheets of 3/4”...

jimmie d wad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
south of heaven
OMG!!! 46 sheets. Is having the factory do the edge prep worth it, Is finding a co. that mills or lazer cut it worth the extra $ ????
I'm looking at 3-4 sheets for a 8'x4'x24-30" Tank

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
OMG!!! 46 sheets. Is having the factory do the edge prep worth it, Is finding a co. that mills or lazer cut it worth the extra $ ????
I'm looking at 3-4 sheets for a 8'x4'x24-30" Tank
The company you buy the acrylic from will most likely be able to cut it for you. They usually use a table saw but if you ask there’s a good chance they will have laser cutting for extra cost. The way this was cut was with a 60000psi water jet and another diamond coated wet tile saw. All laser guided. The edges came out perfectly smooth so I won’t even run them through the jointer. For us it’s a huge time and money saver to contract out the cut and prep process.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Yes sir all at once. I’ve done enough acrylic fabrication to the point where I’m comfortable investing in 46 sheets of 3/4”...
I knew you had experience although I never imagined you were going balls deep. Excited to see how this progresses, gl with it all.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store