Hybrid face off: jaguar/texas vs blood parrot!

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
my cichlid 55 is under reconstruction, so I had to move them tothe 40 tall where a 10" male bloodparrot with a hump the size of a small chunk of hail was still in quarintene (not deaseased, just new) and the 10 inch managuese/texas hybrid and the 10 inch blood parrot started fighting. they mouth restled and circled each other. It seemed quit an even mach, but I did'nt want to risk ether. The texas jaguar got a divided side of a community 55. If they were not separated, who wopuld you put money on??

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
Jaguar - They are MEAN

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
keep in mind, this parrot had to be pretty aggresive to get to the size he is, his fins extend past his tail, and a celtic hump the size of a chunck of hail

lemcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
2 big fish in a 40gal tank
and they are new to each other

your tex/jag must be a mild one
i have 5 and they are pretty nasty

Salty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2006
new york
I dont know much about parrots but, a 40 is really, really small for two fish, especially a 10" jag/texas cross, of course they are going to rumble. even a 55 g. is tight for those 2 bruisers. put the jag in the 55, and the parrot in the 40. just my opinion.

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
benzjamin13 said:
Could we see pics?
show me how. I will plan to sell the jaguar, since I bout him only a week before getting the parrot on sale for only 5 cents, I also got a 2" red devil for 5 cents (lfs wanted to take a break on cichlids). the are plans for a 125 in the summer.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Save your picture to your computers photo file and edit it to no more than around 600 pixels wide, I like about 350, and make sure you save it as a jpeg file not a bmp.
Start a thread, you will need to type in at least one word,
Below the message box click "go advanced"
then drop down until you see "manage attachments" and click there.
In the new window click on "browse"
select your picture and click "open"
repeat as needed
Then click "upload"
close that window,
then below the box where you found "manage attachments" click "submit reply"
now you are done, hope this helps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store