I can’t even take Petco

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
If I had an extra tank I would have asked if I could have them for free and treat them. Asked if they were being treated and was told they are under quarentine

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I doubt that they would have given them to you even at a discount.They would rather the fish waste away while they wait for some poor sap to buy them at full price.

Mr geophagus

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2019
Check petsmart’s silver dollars. They usually have so much ich they’re almost solid white. I made the mistake of buying four and not quarantining them.... rip every fish in the 75

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Petco is far from perfect as a company, but the little paper tag (you can see the bottom right corner in your photos) does let customers know those fish are not for sale at the moment, and the protocol is to cap the bulkheads so the fish are isolated for treatment. I've worked for Petco, and I've worked for very nice private-owned LFS's. All fish stores get sick fish in, it's unavoidable. They come from the suppliers, sometimes it is in the gills and you can't see it at all until a few days or a week later when the spots appear. It seems this petco did isolate the fish, so I'm not sure petco has really done anything wrong here

Last edited:

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe you are right but it seems like every time I stop at this store there are issues with the tanks. There were also two dead African cichlids in the tank below this that were also posted not for sale. The entire rack had the signs posted actually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store