I can't stop getting bigger tanks

TheHackfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2020
Hi everyone David here, new to the forum and glad I found this place. I have a problem, I can't stop getting bigger tanks ?

I first got a 120 gallon acrylic when I lived in a small place and spent a lot of time cleaning up scratches, polishing, and planning my custom overflow books, but didn't have time to set it up before we started looking for a house.

Then I randomly came across a 220 gallon acrylic cube which was formerly a pool display, which I definitely didn't have a place for but it was too cool and cheap to pass up, so that parked behind my house.

So finally we got a place and moved in, and it struck me that I can go bigger, and I remembered dreaming about a 300 gallon I had seen on the market earlier. I searched for big tanks available and actually found two 300 gallon tanks for sale. At the same time my buddy had just purchased a 300 for his garage, but then decided it was too big for the space and offered it to me. I said I would buy it, and then decided I'd have another one I had seen with thicker acrylic. Didn't want to leave him hanging though, so on consecutive days we moved his tank into my garage and then went to pick up the other 300.

... And then I met a friend of a friend who is selling his 1000 gallon tank. Which I'm talking to him seriously about buying.

And still have not set up any of my big tanks, leaving me with 2 300s, 220 cube, 120, oh and a 180 in bad shape u picked up for a song, all empty, and my largest currently running tank is a 40 gallon breeder lol.

So that's my goofy story, look forward to meeting you all and learning from this place

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Welcome to the fishy family!

This syndrome is called MTS, multiple tank syndrome. It's a very catching disease amongst us aquarist. May lead to bigger houses, divorce, MFK member envy.
I think this guy's created a new syndrome amongst us hobbyists....METS.....multiple empty tank syndrome? Lol.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Hi everyone David here, new to the forum and glad I found this place. I have a problem, I can't stop getting bigger tanks ?

I first got a 120 gallon acrylic when I lived in a small place and spent a lot of time cleaning up scratches, polishing, and planning my custom overflow books, but didn't have time to set it up before we started looking for a house.

Then I randomly came across a 220 gallon acrylic cube which was formerly a pool display, which I definitely didn't have a place for but it was too cool and cheap to pass up, so that parked behind my house.

So finally we got a place and moved in, and it struck me that I can go bigger, and I remembered dreaming about a 300 gallon I had seen on the market earlier. I searched for big tanks available and actually found two 300 gallon tanks for sale. At the same time my buddy had just purchased a 300 for his garage, but then decided it was too big for the space and offered it to me. I said I would buy it, and then decided I'd have another one I had seen with thicker acrylic. Didn't want to leave him hanging though, so on consecutive days we moved his tank into my garage and then went to pick up the other 300.

... And then I met a friend of a friend who is selling his 1000 gallon tank. Which I'm talking to him seriously about buying.

And still have not set up any of my big tanks, leaving me with 2 300s, 220 cube, 120, oh and a 180 in bad shape u picked up for a song, all empty, and my largest currently running tank is a 40 gallon breeder lol.

So that's my goofy story, look forward to meeting you all and learning from this place
gifs~16.gif

Ama

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2021
BC, Canada

My first was a 140 gallon acrylic with a "small surface crack" (me knowing nothing of aquatics and just excited for fish) I went picked it up and my friend and I moved it no problem, go to put tank on the stand at home and the crack made it's way all the way through in the travel ... it of course was at the bottom of the tank! I used my imagination for so many ideas to repair, in the end I am using it as a new tank for my boa instead... I have now a 150 gallon community, 2 40's, 2 55's, a 33 and a 20 gallon set up and a 55 and a 75 waiting for set up... and 4 tanks for sale hahahah it's a problem!

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store