I have an emaciated clown loach..

STONEDFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
It eats fine, it swims fine and it has been living in this tank for months.....but I can see its bones and it is way skinnier than its brethren. Should I worry or is it just naturally thin?
stndfsh?:D

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Or, it could have an internal parasite. I'd try clearing up that possibility with either Wattley's community frozen formula with garlic extract or, applying garlic extract to the loaches regular foods. You can also bulk him up (once he starts rebounding) with some frozen VHP formula (Very High Protein). Good luck.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Oddball;837805; said:
Or, it could have an internal parasite. I'd try clearing up that possibility with either Wattley's community frozen formula with garlic extract or, applying garlic extract to the loaches regular foods. You can also bulk him up (once he starts rebounding) with some frozen VHP formula (Very High Protein). Good luck.
Sounds correct to me. If you have to, you can use levamethiasole.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Anything the thin one may be afflicted with has already been exposed to the others. At this point, I'd treat the entire tank. Separating the sick one to a hospital tank will only re-expose it when it's replaced into the main tank.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Sounds like a condition that's also known as "knifeback". Do a search for knifeback here on MFK, there's been some info about treating on here already. Good luck. One of mine had this, I treated it and he pulled through and is a healthy happy loach now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store