I know it’s probably a bad idea.. but

Michael6945c

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
So, I have a 125g with an adult male Managuense, pushing about 16” long. I know in a perfect world I would have my own personal lake for such a fish, but he’s happy in there with the whole tank to himself. Thing is, I bought some rocks for decoration and placed them in the corners, and noticed some incredible hiding places for a smaller fish (that my fish would normally eat if it was in the open). And started wondering if there are any small fish I could get that would be intelligent enough to stay in the rocky area where big hoss can’t get them. Any ideas? Or am I pushing it too far.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So, I have a 125g with an adult male Managuense, pushing about 16” long. I know in a perfect world I would have my own personal lake for such a fish, but he’s happy in there with the whole tank to himself. Thing is, I bought some rocks for decoration and placed them in the corners, and noticed some incredible hiding places for a smaller fish (that my fish would normally eat if it was in the open). And started wondering if there are any small fish I could get that would be intelligent enough to stay in the rocky area where big hoss can’t get them. Any ideas? Or am I pushing it too far.

He's already established the 125 as his territory like you stated I personally wouldn't add anything else.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
He's already established the 125 as his territory like you stated I personally wouldn't add anything else.
Sure convicts...
:eek: I agree with tlindsey it may be a murder scene. But if you want to try anything your best bet would be convicts more mature ones. You couls also try salvini's they are some mean little bad dudes and they are way more cool looking than convicts. Make sure your convicts or savini what ever you choose are mor mature or bigger. Good Luck

Reactions: tlindsey

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
A large stripped Dora might work but you would barely see it so what's the point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store