I need help..

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
How do you cure fish ich? My bolt catfish has one and he’s in my hospital tank for two weeks or more. Ive been giving him Melafix but its still not working. My hospital tank is 35 gallons and I put Melafix everyday. 15 ml daily... help

Reactions: Finthusiast

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I like quick cure and rid ich. Must follow directions and be on time with the dosing schedule and water changes! Works for me 100% of the time. There is also a sticky on killing ich with salt and heat in the ”freshwater diseases and health issues” sub forum. Melafix is useless against ich. Lol.

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
I like quick cure and rid ich. Must follow directions and be on time with the dosing schedule and water changes! Works for me 100% of the time. There is also a sticky on killing ich with salt and heat in the ”freshwater diseases and health issues” sub forum. Melafix is useless against ich. Lol.
Salt? Which salt?

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Now open up wide, aeroplane coming in weoooo....good boy

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Now open up wide, aeroplane coming in weoooo....good boy

Lol.

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
Ive never liked salt for Ich. Rid-Ich has been the best thing ive used so far on anything. Ive have success as well with Ich-X even more so on anything other than plecos. Also bumping your water temps to 82-85 (depending on the fish) can help a lot. Ive used just warm waters to treat in the past

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
How do you cure fish ich? My bolt catfish has one and he’s in my hospital tank for two weeks or more. Ive been giving him Melafix but its still not working. My hospital tank is 35 gallons and I put Melafix everyday. 15 ml daily... help
Ok thanks for the help :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store