i need info on fh

DJ BIG T

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Orlando , FL
i have a 55 gallon sitting so i said hell with it im going to get a fh but i dont know to much about them i only seen them on this site..i was at my lfs 2 days ago and the guy said he can order 2 of them for me..for 10 bucks each...i dont know if he knows what im talking about because i hear that there more then that from other people...the info i need is how big they get water type and how many i can put in a 55 there going to be babys when i buy them...i will get a bigger tank..also want to know all the diffent types of fh so i can get some nice colored ones...if they cost more im not going to worry because i want some nice looking bright colors not dual colors..

GoodMike

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Spokane, WA
well, yes, you can get a 10 dollar flowerhorn, i have one and he is nice looking, but not amazing. in a 55 you arent going to be able to keep more than one together, unless MAYBE a breeding pair, but they will out grow that tank pretty quick. 75 gallon is the smallerst i would put ONE in..not really a sociable fish, they will kill most everything you put it with it.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
There are so many breeds of fh anymore, it is hard to tell what you are getting without knowing where it came from, or knowing what the parents looked like. I have had a fh that was quite mean and have seen others that can go in with several fish. You will just have to find out the temperment of the fh you pick up.

As far as the 55, you would need an upgrade for just a single fh. Most fh will get to 12" so they would need an 18" wide tank min.

DJ BIG T

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Orlando , FL
oh yeah ill get them a bigger tank just put them in the 55 till they get about 6" then ill have the money to buy new tank with filter oak dresser and tops no worry but i think ill get one because of the fact that you said some need to be by there self and some are good with others so ill just get one to be on the safe side...and buy me a 90 gallon for him..thx guyz

yourmylunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2005
FL
go to aquabid.com and check out some of the fh on there. i have for got them for $2.50 a peice at about 1/4" now 1 is about 2" and great the others are about 1/2" but showing some good flower lines so we'll see. buy a bigger fsh if u want to know it will be good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store