I think my albino bichir may have swallowed gravel what do i do

Thomas cw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
Give a couple more days and see if lumps get smaller.
ok if the lump continues to get smaller would that be an indication of just a large quantity of food. Also im currently feeding the tank flake which i realise is not very appropriate for bichirs but all four of them seem to rather like it however the reasoning for me feeding them soely just flake right now is that one of my three senegal bichirs really loves her food especially frozen food and shes become a bit obese not bad obese shes just rotunned theres nothing wrong with her as her mass is slowly decreasing but boy does she love her food!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
ok if the lump continues to get smaller would that be an indication of just a large quantity of food. Also im currently feeding the tank flake which i realise is not very appropriate for bichirs but all four of them seem to rather like it however the reasoning for me feeding them soely just flake right now is that one of my three senegal bichirs really loves her food especially frozen food and shes become a bit obese not bad obese shes just rotunned theres nothing wrong with her as her mass is slowly decreasing but boy does she love her food!
Most definitely get on pellet's. Any pellet especially with Spirulina as a ingredient is good for their digestive system. Also chopped up catfish fillet.

Reactions: Thomas cw

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The lump appears to have gotten bigger but I think it might just be food pushing it
I’d try sedating it with clove oil, 0.5ml per g. Try and slowly massage/push it out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store