I think My silver Aro has

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
joeytoe said:
I still like the fish no matter how many flaws he has.
"yea man

not matter what the flaws they still get monster "

Right on! Right on! Hey guys or gals... i heard of something that might work for the Drop eye issue, but not sure. I heard that you can try to Float a Ping Pong Ball on top of the water surface, so that your silver aro will keep on trying to look upwards thinking that it is food.
Hope it works.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
JLema321 said:
they sell aros at petco?
its rare but some petcos do get them an I felt bad for the lil guy when I saw him there.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I got one of my aros from petsmart. I dont think any of the prevention/cures for drop eye works (except surgery) I really believe its genetic.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
rallysman said:
I got one of my aros from petsmart. I dont think any of the prevention/cures for drop eye works (except surgery) I really believe its genetic.
I do believe it is genetic :thumbsup:

jason34

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2005
uk
its a shame but it sounds like your aro dose have drop eye and it can get bad.are lfs has a 2ft silver in the show tank and he has drop eye very bad,its eye is hanging down and looks as if going to pop out.
i seen ppls post saying thay have stoped it and the eye is back to narmall but if its got some think to do with that type of aro then it could come back.
hopefully it'l be ok for you and want get to bad.

truman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Good to note that the cure for drop eye stated at arofanatics is for the asian aro and not silvers.

Silvers tend to have this problem with droop eye in a tank environment.

Perhaps feed him by making him jump for his meals? :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store