i wanna breed something

susieg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2005
Pennsylvania
Raymond, Bearded Dragons are a great idea. I never have bred them but they are a great animal. My friend has a few and she love s them. They do get about 2 1/2 -3 1/2 feet (depending on the breed) and you will need a long and wide tank to accomidate them. They do also like to climbup onto a branch and sun for most of the day. Susie

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
rayman45 said:
that lays eggs
and snakes or turtles,etc that are easy to breed?
what are the basics for these animals?

and the babys will sell kinda easy
not looking to make money(would be nice)
just to break even

Don't worry rayman45 you will get your chance to breed just not sure the world is ready for another hybred.
:grinno:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
might be doing mexican musk turtles
go offered a pair.

do the babys see for a good price?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i dont wanna mess with snakes or lizards(anymore)
turtles i can do b/c i have setups alrady for them

Ph0etus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Michigan
M.Hampton said:
I know this is an old subjuct. Nature made just about anything ez to breed. all you have to do is sit back a watch the loven start. Myself I breed miniture pinchers. My male can't wait till the girls we own go into heat.
I don't mean to step on your toes here, but reptiles are not as easy to breed as you may think. It actually takes a lot of time and effort. With reptiles you have to replicate the natural seasons found in nature or your not getting any mating at all. Most reptiles require at least a winter cooling period before breeding season which can be fatal to the reptile if the keeper does it wrong.

Another thing you have to factor in is caring for the eggs while they are incubating. This is where most people mess up. If the eggs are too moist they rot and fungus starts growing on them. If the eggs are too dry they shrivel.

In my opinion, caring for the eggs is harder then actually getting the reptiles to breed.

BTW, rayman45 good luck with whatever species you choose to go with. Breeding reptiles is fun, but it does take a lot of time and patience.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
im done the faze is over
i dont wanna breed anymore
i got offered a breeding pair of mexican musk's
changed my mind

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
gotta go with phoetus on this one - breeding reptiles is definetly not as easy as letting nature do it's work...unfortunately. I'm beginning to seriously consider breeding tegus. I have a strong feeling it's going to be an expensive failed endevour.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store