I want to own a bichir and a ropefish. Help me out.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I have a 85 gallon tank, and i was wondering if there would be room for 2 ropefish and a bichir.

I allready own 4 snakeheads (parachanna obscura), and they are about 10-14cm in length.

From other experienced keepers of that snakehead species, i've been informed that i can basically keep anything that isnt aggresive towards the snakeheads or small enough to be eaten by the snakeheads.

So i was wondering IF its possible for me to keep 2 ropefish and a bichir in a tank of that size?

Also, i use sand as substrate and i have alot of driftwood, but not in the tank at the moment.
Thats because im using the tank to feed the snakeheads to a size where they can eat 'cleaner'.

So if its possible, how should i decorate the tank, can the tank be 'naked'. or should i put in some driftwood?

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Oh, i forgot to add that i used to have one ropefish, but it managed to escape the tank, i have since that made precautions.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
What are the dimensions of the tank?-Anne

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
125 cm x 50 x 50

50 inches x 20 x 20

Yeah, i know they are skinny, but i dont think it will be a problem, as long as i feed the snakeheads frozen food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store