Icefishing

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
How many people do it. I just can not wait to start jigging for walleye and perch. Cant wait for the pike:headbang2

BigPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2005
Markesan, WI
Right here baby! Ice is starting to form on the lakes!!! Should be great ice by this weekend! Getting some cases of beer and setting up some tip-ups! Hellz yeah!

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
What sort of size pike can you get through the ice? All the pictures I see have been quite small do you ever hook any thing and think I should have dug that a bit bigger. Last of all lets see the tackle and rigs as the ones I have seen are very small rods is this the norm.

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
i use to love ice fishing of the big walleye i mish it much , but where i live now the water doesn't freeze... oh and the northe pike we use to get man your making me cry

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
Ice fishing rocks! And the best part is that instead of your beer getting warm, it actually gets colder!!

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
CichlidAddict;602402; said:
Ice fishing rocks! And the best part is that instead of your beer getting warm, it actually gets colder!!
Beer Beer Jack was made for icefishin lol wiskey keeps ya warm

BigPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2005
Markesan, WI
Pike usually range from 20" (snakes) to about 40" here in WI. Lake Puckaway and Big Green Lake are known for large Pike and I only live about 10 mins away from each (right in between em). Puck also has some slob Walleye (30+") and over 10 lbs!!!! Cant wait to get out there!!! Will be posting pics of fish caught this winter thru ice on the fishing forum!!!

BP

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
stotty;602380; said:
What sort of size pike can you get through the ice? All the pictures I see have been quite small do you ever hook any thing and think I should have dug that a bit bigger. Last of all lets see the tackle and rigs as the ones I have seen are very small rods is this the norm.
Well you can get pikes to how ever big they are in the lake. When I got I hook my tip-ups with steel leaders and a good size hook. Basiclly if u can fit threw the hole u can get it.

This is my personal best pike. Cuz it was my 1st one and it happned to get threw the ice.
25inch kinda small for a pike. Keepers in that lake is 32inch.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
stotty;602380; said:
Pike in my lake seem very fickle. I cut a very big hole, and jig for panfish with one line, and drop some monster bait on the other line. I love it when the little fish scatter, you know whats coming. I have seen some monster pike investigate my bait, but never had one take it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store