Icefishing

silveraro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2006
Minnesota
Ice is still too thin here in the central part of MN, but I look forward to
getting out and catching some walleye and pan fish.

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
at least u have some ice. CT doesnt have anything:cry: and i want to get my 1st walleye threw the ice and in ct. The last one i got was like 6 years ago in NY

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
The ice is on it's way ZORRO ... I don't know how you catch fish on all though's setup's STOTTY , no disrespect intended here .. The carp setup I can understand but simple seem's best over here in C.T. I have a tough time catching fish with alot of tackle on my line meaning I get real lucky with just an aproprate jig/hook or lure for the size fish I'am after tied to the line I'am useing . maybe a split shot weight aswell . with lure's I make a small leader and tie a swivel to keep the lure from falling over on it size if it is supose to swim upright ..

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
yeah i just get a hook and a bread ball. And hopefully it sinks fast enough so the seagulls wount get to it. Ive hooked many of birds there.

I just got my new jigging pole and some new jigs in and there amazing I just need ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has any one got a carp threw the ice???

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
OK, so here's the thing... Lived in Alaska for a few years in the past (ok 6 years but who's counting)... Well, naturally, in certain areas, Icefishing is somewhat of a tradition. LMAO..... so one winter my father, my brothers, some of my dad's fisherman buddies and I all went out on the ice, got a little ice cabin thingy (yeah I know - laugh it up at my ignorance to the sport), moving on... things were fine, made the hole, started fishing...... a couple twelve packs later, the "adults" were not exactly in top-notch condition, so watching me (13 years old.... and waaayyy to curious as to what lay under the ice), was not exactly their main point of focus.... needless to say, with each beer they swore the hole was freezing shut... LOL yeah, ok... so they kept making it slightly bigger... each time I took advantage by scooting closer and closer, eventually right at the edge, messing with their lines, thinking if I bobbed them enough the fish would bite, and I would get to catch and disect them.... yes yes yes the biologist in me was present even then.... wellllll, I bobbed away, leaned further and further over the edge of the hole (which was now about the size of a small table top), and well..... somehow lost my grip and fell in the hole. LMAO never seen my dad sober up so fast in his whole life!! Well, they got me out, stripped me down, wrapped me in blankets and I pretty much ended the day of fishing as they drove me home and made me take a long bath. Sometime after that, my sister and I were goofin off by one of the glaciers, there was an area of water almost like a pond, yet connected to the main body by a small inlet... well it looked frozen solid, so we walked accross it..... I fell in... had to haul *** back to the car, strip down, and find the only thing in the car to put around me.... the dog blanket and my dad's slicker, lol. ... EEEWWW. Well, thought I was gonna die waiting for my dad to get back to the car, and my sister took forever getting him, so ok yeah I was a bit of a drama queen and was balling in the back of the van - but hellooo it was -30, i was butt naked, wet, and freezing thinking I was surely going to get hypothermia, lol. Well... obviously I survived.. From this day forward though... Ice and me just dont mix!! So no, you won't catch me icefishing anytime in the near future unless you are amazingly brilliant and trick me - or offer me a really really good deal, LOL. But to all y'all who like it - more power to ya - and don't get drunk and decide your hole is too small................................ ok, that came out wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store