Sep 28, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
API
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello. I have a 125 gallon freshwater tank and have noticed a couple of my fish have come down with ich. I am running a FX6 canister filter on this tank and also have some plants in the tank. I am planning on using ich-x to treat but will that hurt my beneficial bacteria? I know I have to remove any charcoal, but what about the rest of my media? thank you for any advice you can give me.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Well according to Hikari, it wont 100% destroy BB.

“Ich-X® utilizes the most widely respected formulation for the treatment of ich, using a less toxic form of malachite green, which makes it less taxing on biological action and safe for scaleless and sensitive fish like Corydoras.”

Reactions: tlindsey

irishrover

Feeder Fish
Sep 28, 2020
Well according to Hikari, it wont 100% destroy BB.

“Ich-X® utilizes the most widely respected formulation for the treatment of ich, using a less toxic form of malachite green, which makes it less taxing on biological action and safe for scaleless and sensitive fish like Corydoras.”
Thank you for the reply. I did read that on their website. But I was hoping someone might have personal experience with this medication.

Reactions: tlindsey

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
Ich is s fungus. Bacteria and Fungus are usually targeted with different compounds.

Test your water for Ammonia and Nitrites while using the Ich treatment. If your beneficial bacteria is suffering this will be the sign that it is. You will not have problems with your BB from the Ich treatment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store