ID please

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I haven't seen a Canadian location that has them, they are also know an Garden eels, Taenioconger hassi. you also need ALOT of sand bed, like 6 inches deep minimum. and I'm not sure how well they do on pellet food, from what I hear they need live.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
6 inches? I think that's too shallow...
Agreed, was just an absolute minimum, but in reality 6 is ok as they don't get much more then 12" long. But sand beds that deep carry risks, especially when mixed with fish (or in this case eels) that disrupt and move the sand, exposing anaerobic bacteria in the lower sand layers to oxygen can cause die offs, resulting in major parameter swings. I personally never include anything larger then 1" that moves through/moves around sand for that reason. I prefer my sand sifters to be micro inverts/worms/micro stars

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I haven't seen a Canadian location that has them, they are also know an Garden eels, Taenioconger hassi. you also need ALOT of sand bed, like 6 inches deep minimum. and I'm not sure how well they do on pellet food, from what I hear they need live.
Big als in Calgary and Pisces, in fact I`ve seen them in many stores here at different times of the year. Canada is a big place

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store